Thank you very much for selecting our office for your oral surgery. In order to minimize any inconvenience to you, please assist us by reading and following these instructions. It is our intention to make this experience as pleasant as possible for you.
- If a cough or cold develops 2-3 days prior to surgery, please contact our office.
- Please remove contact lens prior to surgery and wear your glasses to your appointment.
- Please do not wear eye makeup, lipstick, earrings, or necklaces to your appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, you should cut down or stop smoking as far in advance of the surgery as possible.
- Female patients only: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SOME ANTIBIOTICS AND OTHER MEDICATIONS COULD POSSIBLY DECREASE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF HORMONAL CONTRACEPTIVE MEDICATIONS, I.E. BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, PATCHES, ETC. AND YOU COULD CONCEIVE AND BECOME PREGNANT. YOU AGREE TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN USING OTHER FORMS OF BIRTH CONTROL DURING YOUR TREATMENT, AND TO CONTINUE THOSE METHODS UNTIL YOUR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN ADVISES YOU THAT YOU CAN STOP THEM AND USE ONLY HORMONAL BIRTH CONTROL MEASURES.
In the event you elect to have procedure(s) performed under the influence of IV Sedation in addition to the above:
- Please dress comfortably.
- Wear a loose fitting, short-sleeved shirt that buttons down the front.
- Please do not wear loose sandals to your appointment as they may make walking difficult after your surgery.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) at least six (6) hours prior to your surgery. Should it be necessary to take any medication, please do so with a small sip of water.
- Please make arrangements for an adult to accompany you to your appointment.
- If you are a minor (under age 18), a responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home. They must remain with you for approximately 6-8 hours after your surgery.
- Please wear clear finger nail polish only to your surgery appointment.
- You are not to drive or operate machinery for 24 hours following surgery.
- Do not make any important decisions or sign any documents or contracts for 24 hours following surgery.
For the convenience of all our patients
Kingwood Oral Surgery reserves the right to reschedule any patient who does not arrive for Pre-Surgical check-in a minimum of thirty minutes prior to scheduled surgery time. In the event that your appointment must be rescheduled, a fee of $100.00 will be charged.