Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Harris County Public Health website for: HCPH in the News, Press Releases, Facebook and Twitter updates and videos. http://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/
- Harris County Public Health with Coronavirus COVID-19 with Global Cases and Harris County COVID-19 Confirmed Cases. This site also has provides other Public Health and Preparedness and Response data. http://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/Resources/2019-Novel-Coronavirus
Holland Hospital COVID-19 Hotline: (616) 394-2080
What KOS Is Doing to Keep You Safe
Your safety and health are our top priority. We realize you may have questions about your upcoming appointment, so we want to reassure you that we are following every safety precaution at KOS. We are:
- Screening all patients when scheduling appointments for symptoms and exposure risk.
- Minimizing the number of patients we are seeing per day in our office.
- Using Centers for Disease Control-recommended testing for our staff.
- Screening all patients upon arrival with temperature checks and an exposure questionnaire.
- Wearing personal protective equipment while providing patient care.
- Redesigning our reception area to ensure social distancing.
- Adding additional sanitation processes to disinfect all equipment and surfaces.
What You Can Do to Keep Safe
You play an important role in your own safety, so please partner with us to keep you, other patients, and staff members safe before, during and after your upcoming appointment. We ask you to please:
- Call our office before your appointment if you are experiencing certain ARI (acute respiratory illness) symptoms.
- Register on line at https://www.kingwoodoralsurgery.com/patient-information/patient-registration/ by completing the patient registration form prior to your appointment.
- Make arrangements to come to your appointment by yourself, unless you are a minor, disabled or have a personal caregiver. To minimize risk, we are currently restricting all visitors to one if needed.
- Wear a mask. We strongly encourage you to bring your own mask; however, if you forget your mask or don’t have time to make one, see CDC instructions at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html, or we will provide one if needed.
- Bring pertinent items needed for your appointment:
- List of medications
- Insurance card
- Form of payment
- Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to undergo screening precautions
- Remain diligent by performing proper hand washing, wearing face masks and practicing social distancing.
Remember, we are in this together.
CDC Video mask instructions: